Dental Practice Business Management Services
In North America the dental industry generates $200US billion annually and employs 1 million people. It is one of the largest service sectors, producing high individual remuneration, while operating in a highly decentralized and SME market space. Dental practices remain as one of the last unconsolidated service segments, however in the last decade large consolidated practices have tripled.
The Method Effect (formally Bean Dental) has worked with these Marque dental corporations:
A dental practice is unlike any other curative establishment.
Like most medical businesses a dental practice requires highly skilled professionals to provide technically specific procedures. Unlike most medical businesses a dental practice also requires marketing, sales, client account management, human resource management and operations management. The bigger the practice the more important each of these key business functions become.
With the dentist positioned at the core, the practices’ success is contingent on him/her. Yet that same person must also be the driving force, vision sponsor and chief. It is a tough role and requires four core competencies.
- Technical Expertise – every professional working in the practice must be excellent at what they do
- Business Acumen – the business leader has to be smart about money management, asset utilization, planning and execution
- Team Management – hiring, staffing, motivating, training, human resources and leading teams
- Selling Services – customer management, treatment administration, minimizing attrition and advising patients of options
In only a few years practices have expanded from small 3 – 4 person shops to 40+ person corporations that would rival many industrial and commercial businesses in size and scope. Regardless of size, the same rules apply. It is a business and it requires business skills to make it maximize its value!
How We Help
With over 20 years of experience working with dental practices and dental manufacturers, we understand the in’s and out’s of practice business management. We provide:
- Owner and Doctor support systems
- Practice assessments to determine shortcomings and opportunities
- Practice growth strategies and strategic planning
- Recommendations for effective utilization of technology
- Systems to ensure that every asset is used effectively
- Management coaching, mentoring and training
- Teamwork training
- Teamwork motivational events
- Customer service strategy and training
- Sales strategy and training
- Hiring and staffing systems
Times have changed and the dental space is becoming more crowded and more competitive. Let us help you navigate that complexity so that your practice prospers!
Dental Practice Training Programs
We offer four practice training programs designed to provide a full compliment of necessary customer service, dental practice sales, teamwork and performance skills. Each program runs 6.5 hours for a total of 26 total hours and are CE compliant.
Dental Practice Training Programs
Customer Service and Effective Performance
This program will train your team in how to work effectively with your clients along with effective workplace performance. Core topics of the training will include:
- Understanding behavioral styles using the Insights Behavioral Program
- How to effectively approach, communicate with and maximize customer relations
- How to deal with difficult clients
- How to work effectively within the business including working with team members and management
The program will include a behavioral profile for each participant along with a workbook and briefs.
Sales and Customer Relations Part 1
This program will train your team on how to be more effective in gaining customer trust, recommending treatments and creating long term customer relationships. Core topics of the training will include:
- Effective ways to educate the customer
- How to use body language, verbal cues and effective dialogue to inspire clients
- How to apply the Insights Behavioral training to customer relationships
- How to build good first impression, probe, qualify, quantify, demonstrate and gain a commitment from a client
- How to overcome objections and understand the difference between a condition and an objection
- How to conduct a delicate conversation
This workshop will be focus 70% on theory and 30% on practice and will consist of a mix of video, lecture and interactive activities. Participants will complete worksheets and be provided with program briefs.
Sales and Customer Relations Part 2
In this second sales and relations program we will focus on application of the theoretical items. Core activities will consist of:
- Review of sales and relation part one items, including review homework assignments from part one.
- Tactical application of customer relation and sales skills in the practice
- Roll play including video
This portion of the training will be highly interactive. Participants will be coached and through roll play learn how to apply all learned skills.
Teamwork, Business Leadership, Change Management
With the changes taking place in dentistry we will explore how to work as a team, apply leadership skills within the business and how to effectively work in a changing workplace including the necessary skills to apply and lead change. Core activities will include:
- Understanding effective teamwork
- How to play nice
- Do’s and don’ts of effective communication
- How and when to act and perform as a leader
- Why leadership is required at every level in the business
- Effective change management strategies, including how to deal with the stress of change
- Staying focused
- Workplace requirements for a hassle free workplace
This program focuses on immediately applicable soft skills for the workplace. The program includes classroom learning, workshops and interactive exercises.
Each individual program fee is $650.00 per person including all materials.
Full suite (all four programs) fee is $2200.00 per person including all materials.
Program B and C must be provided together as one two day program.
Programs can be held on site, or at a selected location. GST is extra.